Free Training in Fuel Poverty and Energy Awareness
We are delivering six training sessions this winter, funded by the Warm and Well in North Yorkshire project.
These will take place in Ripon, Knaresborough, Scarborough, Selby, Whitby, and Malton and individuals and frontline workers with an interest in fuel poverty and, who may support vulnerable residents, are invited to come along.
The sessions are able to accommodate a limited number of people and will operate on a first come, first served basis – so book your place now to avoid missing out.
At a glance, the training will include:
- Identifying the signs of cold homes and fuel poverty, and effects on health and wellbeing
- How to find and switch to a cheaper energy tariff saving potentially £100s
- Grants and other types of support available to families and individuals, including the Warm Home Discount scheme, Energy Trust Funds, Priority Services Register
- Energy efficiency schemes for boilers, insulation etc
- General ways of saving energy and keeping warm in the home
- Making referrals into the Warm & Well project for direct financial and practical support, and where to go for further advice.
The sessions will take place on the following dates:
Ripon - Thursday 15th September 2016, 2 - 3.30pm, Ripon Library, The Arcade, Ripon, HG4 1AG
Knaresborough - Thursday 22nd September 2016, 10.30am - 12pm, Age UK Knaresborough, Cliff House, Hilton Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 8BX
Scarborough – Thursday 29th September 2016, 2 – 4pm at The Street, 12 Lower Clark Street, Scarborough, YO12 7PW (use satnav postcode YO12 7PP)
Malton – Monday 3rd October 2016, 2 – 4pm at Hope Central, 62 Castlegate, Malton, YO17 7DZ
Whitby – Tuesday 4th October 2016, 1.30 – 3.30pm at Church House Centre, Flowergate, Whitby, YO21 3BA
Selby – Thursday 27th October 2016, 10am - 12pm at Community House, Selby, YO8 4QQ
To book your place, please email your details and the event you would like to attend to Kate Urwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01757 249100. Light refreshments will be provided at the sessions and there is nearby local parking for all venues.