1-to-1 Advice

Energy bills have come down recently but they are still much higher than a few years ago and energy debts have reached a record high. 

We offer independent advice and advocacy to households around energy bills, energy efficiency and ways to stay safe, warm and well.

One-to-one advice, that takes into account your own circumstances and problems or issues you are facing, is crucial. Every household is different, whether it be how you pay for your energy, how you heat your home, your personal circumstances, whether you are in debt with your energy supplier or your knowledge around energy issues.

What can we advise on?

  • Understanding your energy bills and prices
  • Payment options
  • Financial support that is available to help with energy costs
  • Dealing with energy debts
  • Helping to sort out ongoing problems with an energy supplier or billing
  • Schemes to improve the energy efficiency of your home through insulation or a replacement boiler
  • Smart meters
  • Heating controls
  • Ways to reduce water costs
  • General ways to reduce energy use in the home
  • Sign-ups to the Priority Services Register
  • Staying safe from carbon monoxide
  •  Other services available in your area, including signposting to other organisations

How much does it cost?

We are grant funded which means we receive funding that covers our costs. As such, there is no charge to anyone requesting advice.

What area do you cover?

Most of our advice is done remotely and we can support anyone in North, East or West Yorkshire over the phone or by email. Depending on need, we can also provide face-to-face advice through home visits within the Selby District

How can you access advice?

You can visit the advice pages on this website or refer yourself for advice using our form here.

If you are a member of staff or volunteer from a frontline agency in the voluntary or public sector then you can make a referral for one of your clients here.

For more information, please contact Kate : kate@yorkshireenergydoctor.org.uk or call 01757 249100.