Energy Outreach Worker – Young People
£21,519 (pro rata), 22.5 hours per week
12-month fixed contract
This new position will involve engaging with young people, aged 16-25 years old, to educate them around energy use and ways to reduce their costs, whilst also looking to inspire them to get involved in energy awareness-raising campaigns themselves.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, proactive and creative, with a drive to make a difference to young people. You will have excellent communication skills, an understanding of the needs of young people and the issues they face, and experience of engaging with members of the public. Knowledge of energy saving issues and ways to reduce energy bills is desirable, but full training and support will be provided.
- Design and deliver engagement strategies for working with different groups of young people
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with organisations that support young people
- Directly engage with young people through energy saving talks, briefings, workshops and social media, using the most appropriate method for the audience
- Work with other partners to pilot different ways to engage young people on energy
- Inspire young people to get involved in designing and delivering their own awareness-raising campaigns on energy saving
- Collect information required to monitor and evaluate the impact and reach of these initiatives
- Generate referrals from project partners for young people who require one-to-one advice
- Give advice and support to young people on how they can reduce their energy bills
- Appropriately refer young people with complex energy needs for more in-depth specialist support
- Attend regular meetings with the Project Manager and produce a monthly report on project progress.
For more information, the person specification and details on how to apply, please click here
Any problems or questions you can contact Kate: email@example.com or 07738 818391